Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Big Fan of the Simple


I do truly love this piece and this illustrator. Natalie Kilany is a contemporary illustrator who uses traditional media such as watercolor and pencil to create simplified and fantastical imagery usually geared towards children. This particular image is one of my favorites. It is entitled Puppy in the City and though I am far older then the intended audience i can still find this image pleasing to the eye and effective. I believe this is a true show of talent. The ageless and timeless quality of her work make her appealing to a wide variety of viewers and truly raises her above many other artists who may be more technically skilled. She uses a wide variety of colors mostly in the pastel pallet and she tends to use rich vibrant colors to contrast the softer pastels. I hope everyone enjoys this piece as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment