Wednesday, September 15, 2010

End of the World


This is an interesting illustration that I have found on the ESPN website. ESPN doesn't traditionally put pictures up like this relating to articles and that is why I found it interesting in association with this class. ESPN is traditionally that develops designs/photos using Photoshop to create strong images. ESPN the magazine is starting to move in the way of illustration more and more and the website has followed. This illustration I have picked is commenting on the Texans win over the Indianapolis Colts last this past sunday and are also saying that it is a possibility that the Texans could sweep the Colts throughout the season, even though the Colts are one of the strong favorites to win the Championship.
The illustration is very strong and uses a variety of colors to keep it interesting. It is also depicting a sort of "end of the world" scenario by creating characters that mimic that idea of the world ending. It is a very interesting take on the subject through illustration and I believe it works. When I first went to the ESPN homepage, it stood out to me like a sore thumb. I immediately brought my eyes to that photo and continued onto the article because there is so much emotion coming from the illustration that I had to see what the fuss was about.

here is a link to the website to see what I am talking about www.espn.com/nfl

No comments:

Post a Comment