Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I was shopping for a skin for my laptop on urbanoutftters.com. They have a new print shop that features different illustrators and I found this one. It's by Justin Skeesuck. I was really drawn to this one because I am very into fashion Illustration and I'm also into the classic glamor of the 1950s and 60s. I love the way he uses block coloring and the simplicity of this piece. His pieces are inspired by old matchbooks from the 50s and 60s. This is part of a 3 part series called the 1960s. He does a lot of other work including photography and graphic design work for companies but this is definitely my favorite piece of his.

1 comment:

  1. I'll definitely have to look into his work since I enjoy this piece! The shapes and blocks of color are really powerful and the curves contrast nicely with the edge. Of course, I love fashion illustration too so that's what initially drew me in, but I appreciate the boldness in such a feminine subject.

    ReplyDelete